Want to pass difficult courses? Or even ace them? The PASS program is here to help! PASS means Peers Assisting Student Success – weekly group-learning sessions for difficult courses which are facilitated by a "PASS leader", that is, a student who has completed the respective course in a previous term with an A or A+.
For BCOM, BHRM, and ITEC students at York University, these PASS sessions are organized by New College. In the past, PASS sessions have been offered for ADMS 1500, ADMS 2320, ADMS 2500, ADMS 2510, ADMS 3330, ADMS 3530, ADMS 3585, ADMS 3595, HRM 1500, HRM 3420, ITEC 1620 and ITEC 3210. They are normally held through the Fall, Winter and summer terms and take place in the Atkinson building.
Winter 2021 PASS sessions WILL TAKE PLACE ONLINE.
If you are experiencing difficulty in the following courses:
- ADMS 1500
- ADMS 2500
- ADMS 2510
- ADMS 3530
- ITEC 1620
- ITEC 3210
then Peers Assisting Student Success (PASS) sessions are for you!
Take advantage of them. And you know what? THEY ARE COMPLETELY FREE!
To participate in Online PASS sessions this winter term, please do the following:
Sign up at this link: http://www.yorku.ca/newcol/forms/view.php?id=143
Then download ZOOM to your computer/laptop.
You will receive a meeting invite for the session sometime before the session, but not immediately after registering.
Please DO NOT connect to the session before the time stated in the meeting invite.
You will need a device with a microphone and camera to participate in these sessions.
If you have any questions feel free to contact Lorraine Myrie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why should you attend PASS sessions?
- It's free of charge, and you can attend as many times as you want.
- Smaller study groups led by an A/A+ student.
- PASS sessions are adapted each term from the current course outline.
- For some courses, there are two or more sessions each week, to give you more options.
- Improve your grade: 86% of PASS attendants surveyed after the term said that attending the PASS sessions improved their grade. Their median estimate of this improvement is 10 percentage points of the overall course grade.
- High student satisfaction: 60% of PASS attendants rate the PASS sessions as being "extremely helpful", another 39% as being "very helpful".
- Avoid leaving studying to the last minute.
- Interactive style of learning.
- Feel more comfortable asking questions in a smaller group.
- Handouts will be given out at the PASS sessions only. You have to be in attendance to receive a copy.
Want to become a PASS leader? See how you can become a PASS leader.