As a new student starting university, there are a lot of questions to ask about classes and student life. At orientation, New College welcomes all incoming students (domestic, international, exchange, transfer and mature), introduces students to their program of studies, College resources, social, recreation and sports activities and York resources such as various academic services, financial resources along with important tools to ease the transition to university life. Faculty members and staff from each of the academic programs affiliated with New College will be present to answer your questions and provide essential information to help you succeed. We want to help you transition to university and make connections so you will feel at home.
Who should register for Orientation?
All students who are enrolled in the following degree programs:
- (BCom) Bachelor of Commerce (90 credits)
- (BCom) Bachelor of Commerce (120 credits- Specialized Honours):
Accounting, Business Research, Finance, Information Technology (BCom ITEC), Management, Supply Chain Management, Human Resources Management, Marketing;
- (BCom ITEC) Bachelor of Administrative Studies:
Business Systems Analysis, E-Commerce Development or Information Technology Auditing & Assurance.
- (BDEM) Bachelor of Disaster and Emergency Management;
- (BHRM) Bachelor of Human Resources Management (120 credits- Specialized Honours);
- (BHRM) Bachelor of Human Resources Management (90 credits);
- (BA ITEC) Bachelor of Arts Information Technology (Specialized Honours BA - 120 Credits; Honours BA: 120 Credits; Honours Double Major BA; Honours Major/Minor; BA: 90 Credits)
New College Welcome Week: ******** TBA ********
New College and Academic Orientation: Friday, January 8, 2021 at 10:30 am sharp! Check-in begins at 10:15 am. All times are EDT.
Please be aware that Orientation Day is an essential program for all new students and attendance is strongly recommended.
A detailed orientation schedule is available on the New College Moodle page. Link available at the registration link below.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
IMPORTANT: To participate in any of York University’s sessions, you must download ZOOM from York's website and authenticate with your PASSPORT YORK Account.
See the ZOOM Quick Start Guide for instructions.
Learn about proper Netiquette.