As your student government and representation, New College Council organizes programs and events to enrich the experience of New College students throughout their university years. The College Council kicks off the year with Orientation Week (Frosh Week), followed by social events such as a trip to Montreal or Blue Mountain, Movie nights and a formal in the Spring.
Becoming a part of New College Council is great because it ...
- gives you the opportunity to really change things at your school, faculty, and York
- is an excellent way of developing your leadership skills, social skills, and your network
- looks great on your CV
- is a lot of hard work, but also a lot of fun
- provides you with options suitable for all majors, personal interests, and study levels. Positions at the New College Council include the President, VPs, Directors, O-Chairs, Speaker, Secretary, and Representatives for various groups like commuters, Pond residents, first-year students, athletics etc.
- may allow you to earn some money.
Some of these positions are elected ones, others are paid positions. So make sure you watch out for calls of nominations and applications from firstname.lastname@example.org!